Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Passage - Dockside Marina to South Harbor Village Marina, Southport, NC

Wednesday, November 14, 2017
28 miles 4.7 Engine Hours
8:27AM Underway
12:13PM Docked Inside face dock

Short run yesterday as we were planning a visit to see Chuck & Judy Young. Judy worked with Susan in Special Education. They were a team for sure helping lots of kids and helping each other with the demands of the Special Education field. Chuck owned Glenwood Garden Center. Both were avid boaters and we traveled with them to various parts of the bay. Chuck always ribs me about towing us in. Chuck and Judy’s boat was a sailboat and ours was our 1st 24’ power boat.
The run from Wrightsville to here the current was in our favor. Our boat normally traveling at 7knots was doing as high at 10.2knots in the Cape Fear River. I have had just the opposite experience in the Cape Fear only being ably to do a little more than 3 knots. Weather was nice and it ended up being a very short day.
We are headed to Osprey Marina today. That’s pretty long run. But there is a bridge under construction and the ICW is going to be closed tomorrow. If we make it to Opsprey, we will be just past that bridge.
Going to get an early start today very soon.
Today’s picture is Chuck & Judy with Susan at the Dead End Saloon for dinner.


Comments