Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Passage - Port Royal - Isle Of Hope Marina, Isle Of Hope, Ga

Sunday, November 26, 2017
49 miles 7.5 Engine Hours
7:25 AM Underway
1:57 PM Docked port side to slip face dock Isle Of Hope Marina

What a nice day of cruising today. We left as the last hour of outgoing tide was running out of the Beaufort River. I knew that we were going were in for some skinny water ahead today in the Georgia waters. So, the tide would be changing in our favor and rising. If we get into a sticky situation at least the tide will be lifting us up. Past, Hilton Head, Past Daufuskie Island and we had the current pushing us as well as the tide rising. This continued throughout the entire day and we arrived at Isle Of Hope at least 1 hour ahead of my normal cruising speed. Very nice.
We walked Bluff Drive, the waterfront street in Isle Of Hope, and were stunned by how nice the homes are kept here. And, one other peculiar thing we noticed during our walk as how many couples with children and dogs had photographers taking pictures along this beautiful street. Spanish moss and huge live oak trees were everywhere. I think the photographers had been hired to get those Christmas card pictures so the cards could be ordered.
One couple and their dog were all in paid pajamas! They were taking their pictures on their boat. It was quite a sight. If you want to see something stunning while visiting the Savannah area, go to Isle Of Hope and take a walk down Bluff Drive. It truly is stunning.
The marina has two loaner cars and we signed up for one from 7PM and could keep it as long as we wanted. We dinned at Driftaway Cafe and it was not as spectacular as other places we have gone. Then a little shopping at Kroger and back to the boat.
Fuel issues seem to be clearing up. After running on the starboard engine I had about 1oz of water in the Racor filter. I simply drained the water and left the filter intact as the filter element was way above the little amount of water. I hope this clears up soon.
That’s about it. Tomorrow we will probably anchor for the night as there are no marinas in our 50-60 mile cruising range. Hope it’s not too cold. Projected 46° low tomorrow night. We don’t have any way to heat. Might open the engine room hatch. We’ve done that before. The engine stays warm a right long time and it sort of acts as our floor furnace.
Today’s Picture is one of the nice homes along Bluff Drive.


Comments