Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Passage - Two Way Fish Camp - Morningstar Marina, St. Simons, GA

Wednesday, November 29, 2017
21 miles 5.9 Engine Hours
9:43 AM Underway
12:31 PM Docked Port Side to face dock

We left the slip at Two Way Fish Camp with current pushing us swiftly out of the slip with a docked boat broadside ahead. I certainly hoped the engine would not cut off. I had to back with a lot of power to keep from t-boning the boat in front of me. Marina maneuvering often requires close quarter finesse of your boat. Wind and currents add to the fun. Kind of like driving car in the snow with high winds during an earthquake.
Anyhow we had a nice short ride to St. Simons Island, ate lunch at the restaurant and signed up for the loaner car to go to Harris Teeter.
We are staying two days. Planning on doing some engine maintenance and still organizing chores before heading on into Florida.
We ate some carrots, and sweet potatoes left over from Thanksgiving with fresh pork chops on board. I cooked the pork chops in our new induction casserole pan with a nice top that keeps grease from splattering. We both kind of don’t like our high end Dickinson propane stove / oven. It burns the bottoms of biscuits and I burned on the outside of a cake. The temperature seems uneven. The burners are fine and one is like an afterburner that will boil water fast. But you know, propane is hot flames, heats the boat up terribly and somehow I feel uneasy that something might catch on fire. The burners on induction DO NOT GET HOT. There is no flame. We wished we had known about the induction cooktops for boats when we decided on the propane stove. We love the NuWave induction burner and the efficiency and safety is superb. We were on another boat that has stopped using propane and has a NuWave as well. One boat manufacture is starting to install induction cooktops and combo microwave convection oven due to the complexities and safety of propane. We did have a CO detector go off once while using propane. So, we are very cautious with propane. Enough galley talk.
Today’s picture is Sidney Lanier Bridge just after sunset shot from Liquid Therapy’s bridge.


Comments