Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Passage - Bill Bird Marina - Lighthouse Point Yacht Club

Monday, January 8, 2018

27.9 miles 5.9 Engine Hours
8:28 AM Underway
1:17 PM Docked Port side to face dock

Wow, 1st cruse if 2018. Short distance and slow speed through the high end real estate areas of North Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. This is the sea with the large yachts and we just cruise on by in our 36’ boat. I’m sure I saw some yacht that had a dinghy longer than out boat.
It was windy today and the water was whacky, blowing around the high rise condo buildings and mansions. Liquid Therapy would be in calm and then wham we got hit hard enough with wind to ride healed over like a sailboat. Wind was supposed to be 10-15 out of the east. But, the wind seems to accelerate around the high rise condos.
We only went 28 miles. But what a difference it is up here compared to Miami. IT’S QUIET. Miami is just plain noisy. Funny seeing Lamborginis, Ferraris and Rolls Royces mixed in on the highway with the regular traffic. Hey, it’s doesn’t matter what you are driving in the heavy traffic. You just aren’t going fast ANYWHERE in Miami.
And, now it’s quiet in Lighthouse Point, FL. Liquid Therapy is NOT bouncing around in her slip from huge show-off rude boat wakes or bad wind and currents of the Bill Bird Marina. No loud latin music blasting from boats. Only 28 miles north and It is calm. And, it has not been calm or quiet since December 21. So, we are enjoying this immensely.
Also, the people on the dock speak English. It is comforting to be back in the USA. Miami is not the USA.

So now what? We were just going to spend one night here and move up to Lake Worth to wait for a weather window. But there is no weather window for crossing to gulf stream in sight. So, I’m content to wait here until the weather improves. The yacht club has great food and the people are nice.

Liquid Therapy is ready for the crossing. We went to Aldi’s, Publix and Target yesterday and bought enough provisions for 6 months. Might need more chocolate as I’m already eating some of that we got at Aldi’s. But Liquid Therapy only needs the fuel topped off and a good weather day to head out into the Atlantic, gulf stream and the Bahamas. We are anxious.

Today’s picture is an ocean going tug loaded with bucket trucks. I think they are headed to Puerto Rico to work on the power grid there.


Comments