Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Friday the 13th of November, 2009, Remnants of Hurricane Ida

Un-lucky day? Well we are riding out the remnants of Hurricane IDA in our slip with the water over our docks. We waded to our boat yesterday afternoon. Winds were constantly blowing 30+ KTs and gusts over 40 were common. Low tide here the water was 6" deep above our dock. High tide last night and today have been about 2 ' higher. We slept fine last night between our two sleeping bags. We are relatively warm, being heated by the Lehman engine with our hatch removed. The power was cut off at the dock as the water was dangerously high. So, we are getting by with 12v. We've not had a chance to refill or otherwise check out the LP gas stove. So, Susan made us tuna salad for dinner last night. Also a candle or two on here could have helped with lighting and heat. I'm going to work on the blocked bilge pump hose this morning and when the tide goes below the dock I may drive to get a replacement length of new bilge pump hose. Found the bilge pump hose was pinched between the hull and the plywood mounting board for the A/C. It must have been like that since the A/C was installed. While I was in the area I found another seacock dripping. It was the water intake for one of the A/C units. Instead of double clamps there were NONE. I put one clamp on as the hose and stopped the dripping. The hose needs to be replaced soon. All the hoses on this old boat should be replaced. I've so far replaced the forward head hoses and the forward sink drain. Making progress! We are waiting for the tide to go down and will head home. I will be back Saturday night after the Flashback plays in Kilmarnock for the Commodores Ball at Indian Creek Country Club. Sunday I'll install new bilge pump hose and plan the next hose route. I'm posting this from the bridge of Liquid Therapy starring at Gromit. We saw the crew of our Canadian friends leaving yesterday as though they were staying ashore. They probably needed a break from this 3 day storm. Low tide is 2:15 and we will will jump ship then.


Comments