Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Faucet and other things

Tuesday the 20th of April, 2010 I have missed updating the blog from the many events that have occurred.
Some are:
Installed 2nd bilge pump on the former sump pump circuit.
Changed the transmission fluid as there is still some evidence of water in the transmission
Forward Head - Installed new deck and head. Vinyl teak flooring looks good
Wired 3rd connection of the battery charger to the inverter batteries
The most frustrating project so far has been replacement of the galley faucet. So, the one that was to be replaced was plastic and leaked all over everywhere when turned on. Susan and I figured we would get a replacement that was a single lever type with a pull out spout. They are very common at this point in time. I didn't want Delta as I'm finished replacing those springs and washers in those things at our house. So, we settled on some brand I never heard of from Lowes. It said "5 MINUTE RELACEMENT" We all know that is impossible as it takes that long to fight anything out of it's packaging these days. Way too long a story of all the adapters and then the thing was defective. Returned it to Lowes and got another similar faucet and of course this one hooked up the way the OLD faucet hooked up and now lines were too short and needed extending. More stuff from Hurds hardware and yes some cussing was needed but the thing is on and works. I don't know if I mentioned above somewhere that the fresh water pump pressure switch quit and it was so old I could not get another. So, I replaced the pump with a new one that has reduced pressure 30 PSI is the cut off. That is ok everywhere except the new faucet which has a water restrictor to save water. Well, that makes the new faucet trickle just before the new pump cuts on. Susan says it's fine.
April 18, 2010 Mark & Priscilla Romers came down for a look at the boat. Mark had been wanting to come down to see the "before" picture of the boat. I had told him to wait until the weather warmed and it had this day. We had a nice cruise just to Stove Point and back. Great first trawler ride for Mark & Priscilla.


Comments