Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Velvet Drive

Saturday the 22nd day of May, 2010
Well bad news,,, Sunday May 16, 2010 we went down to measure a cracked window. It was too windy to go for a ride. I needed to hear the engine run. So, I started it up. To help warm the engine up I put the boat into reverse to have a little more load on the engine for exercise. I left the boat in reverse tugging on the forward spring line for a few minutes. I then moved the gear to forward and the transmission did nothing. I reved the engine up and it went in gear. Seemed weird but when I tried reverse again nothing. Nothing in forward, nothing in reverse. Nothing. Seems strange the transmission let go in our slip. But that seems what happened. I am glad I was not out in the bay crossing the shipping channel. Anyhow the yard has pulled the velvet drive, sent ugly pictures of broken springs and gook from the water that was never flushed from the transmission , no matter how many times the fluid was changed. Besides the extreme expense of this repair, the boat may be out of commission for 6 weeks for the transmission to be sent off for a rebuild.
Oh well we can clean the bilge, fix cracked windows and other projects in the slip.


Comments