Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

DaY 12 OF OUR GREAT ADVENTURE

Day 12 . Belhaven to Oriental, NC about 50 miles. The Pungo River was flat as we left Dowry Creek Marina in Belhaven this morning and across the Pamlico River was uneventful too. People fret about the Pamlico Sound and I assume some boats go that direction. But, the 4 mile run across the Pamlico River was easy. We then entered the sheltered creek and canals that emptied in the next bigger water, the Bay River. We now had a much fresher breeze blowing but Liquid Therapy rode very smooth. BUT, when we left Bay River and entered to mouth of the Neuse the wind was getting stronger. The weather radio said it was only 5 to 10. Ha, we had 2 to 4 foot chop from more wind than 5-10. It was more like 20kts. And we had to run 14 miles (2 hours ) in this chop until we turned into Whittaker Creek. Docking took 4attempts to just lay along side a T dock. Very cold and windy when we tied up port side to the dock. Whittaker Pointe Marina is a very nice facility. Very nice club house and very clean bath rooms. Also the cheapest rate we have had for docking $1.00 / foot with the MTOA (Marine Trawlers Owners Association) discount. I took a shower and didn't close my eyes when rinsing off as my equilibrium is bouncing from todays ride. Liquid Therapy had no trouble with the water conditions. Although it is funny to have water splashing up through the bow hawse pipes and wetting the deck. I might try to invent something to keep that from happening..
So, the picture for today is my upper command station:
Bose Speakers; RayMarine Autopilot; iPhone; Garmin GPS; Compass; FindMeSpot sat:navigator..
230 miles traveled so far.


Comments