Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

DAY 16 & 17 OF OUR GREAT ADVENTURE

VERY TIRED - We had a pretty tiring trip yesterday from Wrightsville to Oak Island area. The Cape Fear got foggier and foggier. About 1/4 mile and the wind and tide were working against Liquid Therapy. 1800 RPMs usually gives us bout 8.5MPH and it was only about 6.5MPH. So not only was it foggy in a commercial shipping area. I really used my iPhone app a lot for the AIS function that tells you what large ships are around you and their course and speed and bearing and distance from you. Also paramount in our safe passage was the autopilot which did what I commanded it to do steering the boat down the side of the shipping channel as I picked out the markers for the autopilot to steer to. Picking the markers and peering into the fog until they appeared was very mentally intense. But we were safe. I had done fog before with a lot less help from gadgets. Then all of a sudden it cleared up and it was time to leave Cape Fear River for Soputhport and two miles to our marina stop ( South Harbour Village Marina ). The wind continued to pick up after we got docked and the forecast was not good the next day either. So, we opted for two days here and get some more projects done. Today I changed the starting battery; changed the oil in the injector pump on the engine and got the new bilge pump switch installed and got a few other things done too. Tomorrow we head for Myrtle Beach. Another sunset..


Comments