Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 23 of our Great Adventure 11-23-11

Day 23 we awoke to 25-35 knot winds in our anchorage at Price Creek. I don't know if I mentioned before but Price Creek also has a very swift tidal current in both directions as the tide switches. I monitored the anchor periodically overnight and the anchor held in all these conditions. SO, I have a great vote of confidence in the Manson Supreme 35lb anchor that we bought from our friend Casey Gibbs. We also are loving our anchor windlass in getting the 90' of chain and anchor up. We have a pretty good anchoring system with Susan at the helm operating the boat and the windlass as I give directions and handle the snubber line, chain and mud. Sometimes lots of mud. I have a wash down pump to handle washing the mud off the chain and anchor, but have not had time to install that yet. Also we were quite entertained by all the dolphins swimming around in Price Creek. I saw a very small dolphin, about 4' long it appeared to me, me playing with the mother. Quite a cute display but too far away for pictures.
So, the trip from Price creek was about 20 miles to the Charleston Harbor Marina. The wind continued to blow hard after the cold front had passed as is normal. The tide was incoming and giving us a push but seemed extremely low. Lots of boats were grounded on purpose gather oysters along the shores of the ICW. So, things got a little bumpy to say the least when we entered Charleston harbor. The chop was about 3-4' and quick in time. Liquid Therapy seemed to enjoy the challenge. Susan and I are quite pleased with how this boat handles and rides in what would have beat the dickens out of us in our previous boats. The Albin 36 is a great ride. We got into the marina and had assistance in docking and took the troller to Waters Edge restaurant that was recommended by our dock master. Excellent meal and view. Tomorrow our friends Lindsey and Jim Perrow drive to meet us here.
Picture is the Patriots Point Bridge from our slip in Charleston Harbor Marina.


Comments