Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

DAY 25 &26 OF OUR GREAT ADVENTURE

Black Friday - Lindsey, Jim, Susan and I took the trolley from the Marina to King St. Charleston's shopping mecca. After about three hours of looking in shops and at people from one end of the spectrum to the other, we slipped into a bar for some 'skinny' margueritas and 'house made' chips. Oops, forgot our frozen yogurt break at Mountain Yogurt. The Market in Charleston was fun, too. They had so many ladies weaving the sawgrass baskets! Beautiful, not cheap, bt a Charleston tradition. At 7, we arrived at the famous Vendue Inn for what turned out to be a delicious and romantic evening filled with great food and good, old friends! Trolley back to Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina was full of twinkling lights. Crossing the new span bridge from Charleston to Mount Pleasant was quite magical! What a way to end an awesome day full of memories made with friends! Thanks to Lindsey and Jim for coming over from Columbia to visit us for Thanksgiving! We couldn't quite convince them to hop aboard Liquid Therapy and travel south with us!
So, we left kind of late today and figured we'd get 18-20 miles. But, were we wrong. The tidal current through Ellliots Cut had us down to 2.6MPH, It was like gong upstream in rapids. SO, after climbing what seemed to me to be a stretch of water that should have a lock, we called it quits in the Stono River. We are going to get up early tomorrow to RIDE with the tide toward Savannah. We hope to pull in there Monday.
Watched the Tech. game and are turning in early for an early morning cruise.


Comments