Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 28 & 29 OF OUR GREAT ADVENTURE

Seems I didn't finish day 27. But let me sum up as that the currents around this area are really strange and very strong. We plugged along and just pass Beaufort is the town of Port Royal, SC. Port Royal Landing Marina is a very nice Marina in a very nice development. We could move here. That's how nice this town and friendly everyone is. We needed to sign up for the courtesy car to explore a bit and of course my trip to a hardware store. The owner loaned me his personal truck as the courtesy truck was in use. Not only that, Art from the Grayco Hardware store almost insisted we use his extra car. We tried to take a walk yesterday and people keep trying to give us rides. Just a really nice area here. We ended up staying 3 nights as the winds and rain were pretty strong. We got our MTOA discount for two nights and the 3rd night was free. Great restaurant and ships store are here at Port Royal Landing Marina.
So, we got a few more things straightened out on the boat. I installed a 12volt power socket for our Engel Freezer. We had been running the freezer on 120 VAC since I had not had time to get the 12V wired before we left. (Technically the freezer runs on 12V. So, at anchor the inverter using 12V batteries was converting 12VDC to 120VAC and then the Engel Freezer was converting the 120VAC back to 12VDC to run the compressor. Not too efficient. I've got it correct now. ) Anyhow we are headed a little later after the current slows down for Isle Of Hope Marina about 50 miles from here. I don't know for sure if we will make it that far as I am going to try to time the tidal currents. It appears if I wait until 10-11AM to leave, we will buck the slowing tide and be able to ride it on the other side of the inlet. That is what the dockmaster says. It doesn't always work out. But these guys are locals so I'm taking their advice.
Yesterday we walked to Alvin Ord's for lunch for their salvation sandwich. YUM for sure. So, we have found Port Royal to be a very pleasant stop.
Time for coffee.
Picture is on of the 4 Christmas decorated boats.


Comments