Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

DAY 31 & 32 OF OUR GREAT ADVENTURE

Day 31 Savannah, December 1, 2011
Day 32 Cruising, December 2, 2011

After spending a peaceful but chilly night in the Herb River, we wended our way for seven miles to the Isle of Hope Marina on the outskirts of Savannah. After speaking with several groups of cruisers who had been there before, we changed our plans of going the 8 miles up the Savannah River and staying in the historic area. There was too much large ship activity for us. It was about a 15 mile cab ride from the quaint area of Isle of Hope to downtown Historic Savannah. The cabbie let us off at the City Market and we hopped right into a horse drawn carriage tour which was well-narrated by the driver. We walked from there down to the riverfront area and found the best candy shop called River Street Sweets. They had free samples of their famous pralines! Yum! We visited a funny bar called Peg Leg Pete’s for Happy Hour. While we were there a group of Navy guys came in from the Normandy and Captain Brooke bought them a round of beer! Isn’t he sweet? Their ship had just arrived in Savannah to help with some type of celebration. We window shopped a little, then ate a tasty dinner at the Cotton Exchange before calling a cab to take us back to the marina.
Today, we had a very smooth cruise of 41 miles, and are presently anchored in the Wahoo River with two other boats. Dinner was great: pork tenderloin, broccoli with cheese sauce and red potatoes and onions. We have found that hanging potatoes and onions in mesh bags preserves them for a long time and many uses.
Picture is of Brooke & me at Happy Hour PEG LEG PETE'S BAR, SAVANNAH, GA


Comments