Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 50 OF OUR GREAT ADVENTURE

I really posted about day 49 earlier today. It's still very windy and we stayed at the Hollywood Marina and worked today. I installed a WIFI range extender to our WIFI network on the boat. This allows us to grab marginal WIFI networks to connect to our computers on board. This becomes a necessity when we are in the Bahamas and may have to pay for a WIFI service. Usually you would have to zip up your laptop in something water proof to take it by dinghy to an Internet Cafe. But with the range booster, I MIGHT be able to use the service at anchor. Anyhow it took it a while to get it to work with my WIFI router. It certainly boosts the marginal networks around Hollywood.
I also installed a horn speaker to my new VHF radio. I can now yell at people with my microphone when they throw too big a wake etc. BUT, the radio has a fog horn setting. The fog horn setting blows the appropriate fog signal for the various fog situations; at anchor is one pattern underway has another pattern and there are more too. Also after it blows the fog signal it listens for others in between the signal blast. Or I can use it to eavesdrop on people talking.
Susan did the laundry duty. Two loads. But it takes a right long time to haul the laundry up to the machines and bring it all back and put it away. She also painted the numbers on the dinghy. So, we can finally use it..
We are headed somewhere south tomorrow in the shelter of the ICW as the wind is NOT going to calm down. If we can find a protected anchorage, we will anchor out tomorrow night. If not we will be marina hopping again.
Todays picture is of two manatees hanging out at the Miami Beach Marina for a short time. Mom and Baby. And yes the Mom has some propeller injuries if you look close.


Comments