Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

DaY 61+ OF OUR GREAT ADVENTURE

Day__, December 31, 2011
New Year's Eve we started the day by listening to the 'Cruisers Net', which comes on over VHF channel 68 every morning at 9AM. Their agenda is multi purposed: to introduce boats new to the Boot Key Harbor community and bid farewell to those leaving; to give general announcements of daily happenings, such as spanish and yoga lessons, get togethers; to connect the community to service people they may be searching for; to buy, sell, trade anything; and to train our brains with trivia questions. Very useful. They are starting another Cruisers Net at night where people can chat back and forth about common issues. Today, on this show, they announced a New Year's Eve get together at our marina Tiki Hut, so we took an appetizer and went over at 7! Lots of fun, many people. Before this get together we visited by dinghy the Dockside Bar and Restaurant. This is a colorful place where locals go. We did have a delicious home made Bloody Mary and considered going back for New Year's Eve prime rib. Ultimately, we decided the Dockside dinghy dock was too small to go back to on this holiday eve, in the dark, so, after the Tiki Hut party, we walked just across the street to Annette's Lobster and Steak House for a quiet dinner!! We were both tired, for some reason. So, after a fruitless search for a live feed of the crystal ball drop in Times Square, we fell asleep by 10:30!! Hark: we were awakened at midnight by conch blowing and fireworks!
Happy New Year to Everyone!!!


Comments