Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

DaY 67 OF OUR GREAT ADVENTURE

Another day in the Boot Key Harbor. Today Susan cleaned the hull and waterline of what is know as the ICW mustache. The ICW has lots of brackish water tht stains the bow as it plows though the water. My lazy idea was that when we go across the Atlantic to the Bahamas that the crystal clear water would erase the mustache. Most say that will not happen. So, while Suz scrubbed the waterline from the dinghy, she exclaimed that we had grass growing on the sides of the boat. Now we all know that grass doesn't grow on a rolling stone and usually the same can be said of a boat that has proper bottom paint and is on the move. So, I guess we have been sitting still too long. Tomorrow we are going to leave our mooring ball for a while ago out to the Sombrero Reef Light about 4 miles off shore. Im gonna run Liquid Therapy hard to see if the grass will ablate away the way the paint is supposed to work.
I continued on my beautification project of sanding the teak doors and windows and putting back the tedious wooden plugs that have been missing since I replaced some cracked windows. I refinished the wooded window frames and screwed them back with the new glass. But I failed to cover the screw holes as this is a slow process. You have to have the screws down far enough that the plug can be tapped in. You have to TRY to see the direction of the grain of the plug and match it with direction of the grain on the frame. Then your cut off the plugs excess length with a chisel leaving the plug a little high. Then you have to sand it even with the frame. Then you have to put varnish over the plug and the frame. THEN IT LOOKS GOOD.
So, after all of this work we took the dinghy in to the marina for a well deserved shower. I got in my shower room and suddenly noticed that my towel was not in my shower bag. I was not deterred one bit. I took my shower and dried off with paper towels.
Todays picture is of me drying off with paper towels. Not really. here is one of the wooden plugs tapped in before I chiseled off.


Comments