Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

DaY 78 & 79 OF OUR GREAT ADVENTURE

"You can check in anytime you want, but you can never leave" That's the way we were starting to feel about Marathon. But finally the Wednesday forecast was for light winds!! Yes folks we were going to leave on Wednesday. We took Liquid Therapy off the mooring to the dock and took on water and got one more holding tank pump out so we would be ready for tomorrows departure. We celebrated in sorts by going to happy hour at our favorite dinghy dock bar named "DOCKSIDE" and had a sunset margarita. Then we went back to the boat and got our clothes and bath supplies for one more bath ashore and then to the "HOOK LINE AND DRINKER" restaurant right across route 1 from the marina. We had their famous lobster mac and cheese a dozen stone crab claws and a Florida Sushi roll. That really was a treat. It was then back to the boat for our early morning departure from our mooring ball in Boot Key Harbor City Marina..
Next morning we took the dinghy in to the marina and dropped off our keys and said farewell to the marina staff that had become family since December 28th when we arrived. Back out to the boat and lifted the dingy to find quite an accumulation of barnacles starting to grow. It took some time to scrub them off and get the dinghy in place. On the radio cruisers net I got to announce that Liquid Therapy was departing when they called for the departures part of the radio program. Then the couple from Alaska came over to say goodbye and the time started spinning by. It was 10:10AM when we dropped mooring ball E4 and we were off for Islamorada. Nice ride up the outside Hawk Channel in the calmer Atlantic. Still lots of lobster pots to dodge. Nice day and we arrived at World Wide Sportsman Marina a little before 5PM. Bought raw shrimp and a squid salad for dinner.
And todays picture is a few days old back in Key West. Susan standing next to the sponge man statue at the sponge store.


Comments