Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

DaY 82 through 84 OF OUR GREAT ADVENTURE

Catching up a few days this morning before we pull anchor. We returned to Islamorada World Wide Sportsman Marina Saturday morning after being moored overnight at Lignumvitae Key. My friend, Max Guzman, and his wife Donna drove over from Englewood on the west cost of Florida to visit. It had only been about 15 years since I had seen Max. He and Donna are both sailors up in the Great Lakes and Canada. I followed their blog this summer aboard their 34' Tartan Sin Sal. They wanted to see our Liquid Therapy and met us about lunchtime at the marina. TALK, TALK TALK you bet. We had lots to catch up on from the Phone Companies, ( Max and I had worked at C&P / Bell Atlantic / Verizon) and Donna at Cincinnati Bell. Max transferred to Cincinnati Bell ) We also talked a little skiing, as we both were snow skiers in the past. And of course boating. Their boat is all fixed up and ours needs LOTS of beautification. So, ideas were given to us about restoration. We ate at good places and of course were to Lorelei's for happy hour and the sunset celebration..Max and Donna left about noon on Sunday and Susan and I just didn't feel like getting underway for a few hours and elected to stay one more night. We got underway about 10AM after pump out and saying goodbye to the staff at the marina. We had contemplated going on the outside, but the wind dictated an inside passage. The winds are MUCH better. But they were forecast to reach 20kts off shore. We had a nice ride up the ICW and decided on Pumpkin Key for the evening anchor. A very pleasant breeze and sunset don't you know..
Todays picture is Max, Me Susan and Donna at Moradas Restaurant next door to the marina...........


Comments