Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

DAY 98 OF OUR GREAT ADVENTURE

We didn't leave this morning. Squalls forecast today. Tomorrow really looks like departure day. Yesterday we took Liquid Therapy out for the first time in 8 days. I had a diver clean the bottom and really wanted to check out the performance. I also reset the GPS and Autopilot for True courses as that is how Bahamas charts are configured. I had installed a replacement fluxgate compass for the autopilot and needed to calibrate everything. The boat ran great and we ventured down to the Lake Worth Inlet to take a look at the Atlantic. It didn't look that bad yesterday. But we knew it was still rolling from the previous days blows.

We came back to the marina and filled the fuel tanks to full. I had never done that before. So, I now have 350 gallons of diesel on board. My method of gathering fuel has been when I see a good price I just add to what I have. When we left Islamorada I had the tanks close to full and we only took on 45 gallons yesterday. I will need no more than 150 for the Bahamas round trip of about 400-500 miles. So, I will not need to buy any expensive fuel in the Bahamas.

Right now I'm listening to the short wave radio to the Chris Parker detailed weather forecast. Chris is saying tomorrow and Wednesday will be pretty calm. Suddenly yesterday some organized weather popped up around Cuba headed North. It was thought this might be the first named storm of the year. But it has fallen apart and is causing some squalls out there today So, ONE MORE DAY AT LAKE WORTH HARBOR MARINA.

It is pretty calm as I write this which can only help the sea conditions tomorrow as well. So, 5AM tomorrow we head out

Picture is last year this time in Canaan West, VA. Burr cold there. It's 74ยบ here!


Comments