Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

DAY 134 & 135 OF OUR GREAT ADVENTURE

We decided to check out Nipper's before the Barefoot Man concerts on Friday and Saturday, so we walked on over for lunch. The road up was like walking through a jungle which came out at the top of the hill into a colorful complex with two pools, an in-the-water bar, two other tiers of picnic tables and a cute gift shop with a floor of sand. We ate delicious grilled grouper sandwiches and slurped on frozen Nippers. We even got one of these great rum drinks in a Nipper's tervis tumbler! While we were eating and slurping, we feasted our eyes on another simply gorgeous turquoise beach and coral reef. We had to visit there, so after lunch, down the steep hillside to the beach we went. It was very windy and has been the ENTIRE time we have been in the Bahamas! So no real snorkeling for us yet. We didn't even find any Abaco sea glass today! It was really dangerous walking on the rocks looking for the glass or a shell, as it is already very uneven and the high wind made conditions worse! It truly looked like a storm was brewing, so we hurried home to thaw out our Big Bird, Abaco organic chicken drumsticks. Every time we turn around, seems as if it is either time to eat or time to wash the dishes. Chef Brooke did a good job with those legs and he even made veggie infused rice. What a nice day!


Wednesday Blog, March 14:

It seems like ever since we got to southern Florida, the skies get cloudy and black nearly every day, yet it doesn't rain and the sun reappears. That same weather pattern, with wind added, has followed us all around the Abacos. It is actually the DRY season here. Well, today it rained! Tonight we had thunder and lightning! We were going to Treasure Cay, about 9 miles from here, to see its world famous beach, but who wants to walk on the beach in the rain. So, we decided to stay here and had a lazy day catching up on things. Brooke was able to wire the upstairs part of the sound system so it can be controlled separately. Oh, time to eat, again, so we walked to the marina restaurant for delicious lightly fried grouper, cole slaw, peas n rice and last but not least Bahamian mac n cheese! Both of the chefs came out and talked with us, as we were the only diners! We received first hand tips on how to make the mac n cheese. Apparently, they boil the finely chopped onion, celery, green and red peppers and hot pepper flakes, if desired, and dry macaroni, all together, until the water is gone. They then stir in Kerrygold butter from Ireland, New Zealand cheddar cheese, and evaporated milk, pour mixture in a dish and bake with more cheese on top!!!!! Guava topped cake for dessert. Now we are back on the boat, rocking around in the wind. More beach exploring tomorrow. Almost forgot, we met some nice people today from Solomons Island, MD. They came to see the Barefoot Man!
We added more pictures on the photo gallery. Look for the Great Guana Cay Album

Today's picture is Susan looking for sea glass.


Comments