Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

DAY 166 OF OUR GREAT ADVENTURE

We are in Georgetown, SC. What a pretty town. And the wonderful southern accents of the people are just like something out of a movie. WE walked around with our friends Casey and Laurilea Gibbs, yesterday morning and had a great lunch at a new restaurant called Alfresca. Of course it was wonderful and very good prices. But it's the feel of this town that is really special. Very warm people. Everyone speaks to you and all seem very happy living here. Georgetown is a very historic place. Once it was the capital of rice. We missed the rice museum yesterday. Might take it in today before we shove off.

Fuel is the cheapest here of ANYWHERE ( $378/gal. ) we have been the entire trip. So, I will be topping off the tanks.
We are headed to Osprey Marina about half way to Myrtle Beach today; Myrtle tomorrow to meet my Mom and Brother; Southport, NC to meet a lady that Susan worked with for 16 years and then our focus is going to be the Outer banks of NC.
We are currently at statue mile 403 on the Intracoastal Waterway. Mile zero is Norfolk, VA. So we are that close. The Outer Banks diversion will add to this distance. But we are getting closer to home. We have traveled 2704 statue miles ( 2350 Nautical Miles ) since we got on the boat Halloween night 2011. We are getting excited about getting home. But, the trip between here and there is a bunch of fun. So, we will just be taking our time. Liquid Therapy has performed just wonderfully and reliably. Just a grand old boat.
Todays picture is a harbor view a few minutes ago here at Georgetown.


Comments