Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

DAY 172 OF OUR GREAT ADVENTURE

Just had to tell a little bit about our travel from Surf City to Swansboro concerning the US Marines. Yep, Camp Lejune is on both sides of the ICW here and they actually have a stop light on the ICW when the marines are practice fighting from one side of the ICW to the other. This was not the case. But the Marines were doing something with canons or something with big explosions. We would hear the big guns fire and several seconds later the impact explosions. Kind of cool at a distance. But then as we got closer I started flinching when the guns would fire. And, then the weirdest thin happened IMPACT. The boat actually had shock waves traveling through the earth and water. Nothing quite like feeling concussions through your hull. WE WERE NOT very close to this action. But the power of the explosions travel through the earth quite a ways. As I write this we are in Beaufort, NC about 35 miles from the Marines and I hear the big explosions this morning. Don't feel those through the hull though..

The picture might I wanted to use today is too hard to read. It is a warning sign on shore saying KEEP OUT IMPACT ZONE. I would take this sign very seriously.

So, instead todays picture is some contraption being pulled and pushed by two tugs and a third in for good measure.


Comments