Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

DAY 175 OF OUR GREAT ADVENTURE

Jello Plans, Jello Plans. That's what it's called when things just change on a cruising trip. We are canceling the Outer Banks segment of our trip due to extended bad weather forecast. We will make a special trip there some other time. So, instead I guess we will move north along the protected ICW to belhaven today.
We have really enjoyed Oriental, NC. The marina is nice; good hardware/boating store; a great store called "Nautical Wheelers" that has great clothing, shoes, wine and many other gift and outdoor items. WE also bought fresh seafood from a little seafood store almost across the street from the marina. There is also a very nice coffee shop that made a good latte'. And last night we ate at the Marina's restaurant called Toucans where we had great hamburgers and homemade banana cake.
So, todays passage is going to be chilly. It's 51ยบ as I write this and the barometer is extremely low at 29.51" but is rising from lasts night when the barometer read 29.37". What this means is it is going to get windy as the pressure goes up. 29.92" is normal pressure. I don't know to relate to millibars as the weatherman now speaks. Oh well maybe they will change to dynes per square centimeters next!!!
Today's picture is sunrise at Southport, NC.


Comments