Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

DaY 179 OF OUR GREAT ADVENTURE

We are almost home. 2712 nautical miles (3121 s. miles) so far and about 45 more to go to Deltaille. We got to Portsmouth yesterday about 4:15 after a pretty ride from Coinjock, NC. Of course it was windy and storm threatening. Timing was crucial on several bridges and the Great Bridge Lock, or we would get to a bridge that would not open for several hours during rush hour traffic. But we made it in with very gusty winds, but, before any rain much hit.. Last night we caught up with Casey and Laurilea Gibbs, and Steve Lott and Cindy Anne Bowers at the beautiful Patriot Inn Bed and Breakfast. We had a libation and then walked to Lobscouser restaurant for dinner and non stop conversations. Great food. We might drive from home to eat here sometime. Laurilea and Casey fly to their new home in Oregon in a few days and will return to their boat this fall They have put Winds Alot "up on the hard" as it is said when a boat is stored out of water here in Portsmouth. Steve and Cindy Anne are boater friends from our marina that live in Norfolk. Such fun..
So, Portsmouth is bustling with the water commerce sounds and sights. the military vessels are here being refurbished in the yard right across from the marina. Pretty noise place with constant changes in scenery as the tugs push large ships and barges about. We decided to stay one more day in Portsmouth as there are small craft advisories for today with the high winds that started yesterday afternoon. So, tomorrow morning we will set our sites on our slip at Deltaville Marina...
Todays picture is our boat with it's brown water mark on the bow. This is commonly referred to as the ICW mustache. We will be scrubbing that off soon enough..


Comments