Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

DaY 180 OF OUR GREAT ADVENTURE

Under dismal skies and misty rain our great adventure came to an end yesterday at 3:34PM as we backed into our slip at Deltaville Marina. We had a good ride most of the day from Portsmouth up the Chesapeake Bay. Our friends Wanda and Windy Chandler flashed their car lights at us 2 1/2 miles across the water at Gwynn Island. With only a few miles left for Liquid Therapy to go, we were excited to see Jackson Creek entrance marker be the last waypoint in our chart-plotter. You could see the markers with binoculars and then you could just see them with your eyes. There were people on the dock to wish us welcome home. I took a while adjusting lines for our permanent tie up while talking with everyone. A little while latter Delatville Marina had a wine and cheese party for the slip holders, which felt like a welcome home party. John Delbello, our designated driver, drove Cindy Ann and Steve Lott & us to THE GALLEY Restaurant where we had some of our old favorite food and desserts.
We have traveled 2761 nautical miles; 3177 statue miles. That is quite a distance in a boat. Liquid Therapy had been well prepared and performed exceptionally well.. Just a great old boat!
So, now it's pack up time and head home.

Todays picture is "LOOKING BACK" across Liquid Therapy's stern to the south, where we have lived in for the last 6 months. We will be looking back for quite some time.


Comments