Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Trip Back Home

Our little jaunt around the Chesapeake Bay was over last afternoon as we backed into our slip at our home marina, Horn Harbor Marina. The purpose of the cruise had been to meet with other Albin boat owners at Cambridge, Yacht Club on Friday and Staurday 6-20&21, 2014 We left Saturday June 14th and had visited Cape Charles, Va, Solomons, Md (twice), Oxford, MD and Cambridge, Md. We covered 247 miles in 9 days and put 49.2 hours on the engine. Liquid Therapy ran well and all systems worked well with no issues. Those is a very good statistics. The weather was better than forecasted most days so that was good.

Yesterday’s run was a long one as todays winds were gonna pin us down somewhere if we didn’t make the run from Solomons to our marina 70.6NM. We met Mike and Carol Snapp at the Albin Rendezvous, And when we said we were going to stop at Solomons on the way back down the Chesapeake they offer us to stay at their dock as they live at Solomons. We had a very nice stay with them and they showed us the sights by land vehicle. We went to the Solomons Yacht club and saw the tall ship “PRIDE OF BALTIMORE and then went to the Lighthouse restaurant for dinner. This was really gracious of them to tie us up and take us about Solomons. We hope they will join us down the Bay sometime too.
We had planned to anchor out at Reedville and break the run home from Solomons into two days. But, we left Solomons at 5:55AM and had ESE and later SE 8-12. This was very close to be broadside and we rolled a bunch. I actually did a “comfort tack” the last few miles running further south before turning west to get the last leg with the swells (some ocean I might add) on on our stern. Todays forecast was to be 15-25KTs out of the southeast with gusts to 30. So, we would have not moved today if we were still on the way home. Of course it is dead calm beautiful morning at Horn Harbor Marina as I write this and the forecast has been reduced. I’ve learned it’s better to be safe than sorry especially with the Chesapeake Bay.

Today’s picture is a Cownose Ray ( http://www.chesapeakebay.net/fieldguide/critter/cownose_ray ). These things are everywhere in the Chesapeake now. They seem to fly in formation in groups.
Brooke


Comments