Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 2 of our Pirates Festival Cruise

Day 2 Friday 10-17-14
We traveled from Salt Ponds Marina to Ocean Marine Yacht Center - just 16.7 Nautical Miles and ending at mile 0.5 of the ICW. The sun is rising over the Portsmouth ship yard as I write this on actually day 3 and cruisers are passing by headed south. There is some tug traffic. But it’s mostly quiet. The shipyard is very loud with strange whistles and a constant parade back and forth of police boats during the work day. Some of the ships are covered from prying eyes as to what upgrades are being installed I guess.
But yesterday was very busy for just 16.7 miles. The Hampton Roads area is very busy with commercial and war ships. Lots of tugs too. Throw in a few pleasure boaters, ferry and tour boats and helicopters it gets a little overwhelming. I shot lots of pictures and might post a few more. It’s a very interesting area and a very mixed feeling we have been meeting so many cruisers headed to Florida and the Bahamas. At least we have our 2012 cruise to remember.
Last night Chris, Danielle and their son Ruah came to visit us. Danielle is our niece and their family has recently moved from Lynchburg to Virginia beach because of a job change. We walked the waterfront watching the boat and had a nice meal at a Roger Browns. Too noisy but good food.

It was on the way to the restaurant I got a call from my brother saying our Mom had fallen and broke her arm. She had surgery last night and will need us. So, we are cutting our trip short and will be headed back to our marina Monday. Strong winds on the Chesapeake will keep us from heading back today. So, today our plan is to head to Top Rack Marina and fill the boat up with fuel and eat dinner at the marina restaurant. $3.09 / gallon at Top Rack is SOOO much cheaper than anywhere we have ever purchased fuel. Liquid Therapy is pretty thirsty right now too. So, I’ll fill up and will get to rock fishing as soon as possible.

So, next year we will try for Ocracoke for the Pirates Festival next year. Or, Florida, Or, the Bahamas.

Someone said “ IF YOU WANT TO SEE GOD LAUGH, TELL HIM YOUR PLANS. “ How true…..

Today's picture is sunrise over the Portsmouth Shipyard


Comments