Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 12 Sunday November 1, 2015

Our last day on Ocracoke before moving on. Wind supposed to be 5-10 ESE and that will be good for us to get across the Pamlico Sound.

The pirates festival is winding down. There was a nice ceremony at Springers Point today between 10AM and Noon with a march over there. However, my knee is still not quite right and I didn’t want to march that distance AND back. We heard the cannon salute and there were hymns sung and a wreath laid. I hope to walk to that next year. No where to park the golf cart near there either. So, we passed on that.

We did have lunch with the pirates at Howard’s pub. The hostess said it was going to get crowded and would we mind having others sit with us. By now we all felt like cousins. So, we said that wound be fine. Soon thereafter two of the Motley Tones sat with us. One was named “Copper Tone”, the other was “Bell Tone” Funny group and great entertainers. As soon as I can figure how to edit with the new version of iMovie, I have permission to post their parody song “CAPTAINS” very funny.

All the pirates showed up for farewell lunch. I spoke with Kevin Duffus and bought his book “LAST DAYS OF BLACKBEARD THE PIRATE” I very well may buy more of his books too. And, of course I bought the Motley Tones CD. Now if I can just find a CD player I can listen to it.

We also helped most everyone on the dock leave. We decided to wait until tomorrow as the wind will be behind us and we don’t ride so well with a beam sea. Later in the afternoon a boat came into the docks and I helped them get tied up. They wanted dining recommendations, and I hated to tell them that most of the good restaurants last night for the season was Saturday night, but anywhere you found open would be good. It started raining and everyone ate on board.

My body clock is still off from the time change and I’m waking at 5 something instead of 6 something. The Aleve and Ibuprofen wear off and that’s what time I get up.

So, as I write this the 5-10kts out of the SE has become 10-15 out of the NE. So we are not going anywhere it looks like until Thursday. http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/data/Forecasts/FZUS52.KMHX.html Oh, that’s what is great about not having a schedule. You just go with the wind.

Every boat should have a parrot. Today’s picture is of my new boat parrot.

PS I’m posting a link to the very well done video of the pirates festival that I posted on Facebook. Believe it or not we have followers of our blog that are not on Facebook. This is a very well edited video showing most everything I mentioned in yesterday’s post. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rwzDF2VLCo Liquid Therapy is even in a few passing video shots.


Comments