Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 17 Friday November 6, 2015

River Dunes Marina
We didn’t move today because this marina is just NICE. We caught up on lots of paper work from back home. Great Internet speed here and that helped a bunch.

Our goal for today was to go to our favorite store in Oriental http://nauticalwheelersoriental.com/about-us . This store has great boating clothes as the owners are boaters and only buy for their store what is useful to boaters. We signed up for the loaner car for our 2 hour slot and headed to the store and had great success.

On our drive we found out that River Dunes development is rather large and pretty much not developed yet. The economy has hit everyone. On our drive back we drove by an out of business store that prominently had a sign that said “WELCOME WALMART TO ORIENTAL, NC”. Yes, apparently Walmart had put him out of business as happens when Walmart invades a small town like Oriental. At least Nautical Wheelers is still in business.

We walked several of the docks at the marina and stuck up conversations with some boaters about where they are headed and admiring each others boats. Boaters always have stories to share. Just a nice day to walk and talk.

We had a very nice dinner at the club. I had shrimp and grits like I’ve never had before. The chef had made the grits into cakes and had them in with the shrimp, andouille sausage and some peppers and it was great. Susan had a very good crab cake dinner. We call ourselves crab cake snobs and seldom order crab cakes unless were are in Maryland. But these were really good.

That’s about it for today. Nice day. Headed to Morehead City tomorrow.
Today’s picture is a garden of red grass with Liquid Therapy in the background.


Comments