Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 20 Monday, November 9, 2015

Rain, wind, possible tornado, waterspout, low visibility. So, we stayed at Morehead City another day. Will be headed out tomorrow.

Chores, laundry, some cable management I’ve been meaning to do on the engine. Our little washing machine is sure making things much better than the rolls of quarters we used to have for the laundromats. Getting the laundry to dry is the real trick. Two fans blowing on the drying rack seems smart. But with it raining outside 100% humidity it’s hard for the moisture to leave the clothes. Thought about getting my heat gun out and decided that might not be smart. I cruised Lowe’s online and found a 250watt heat lamp bulb that I will try whenever I get to a Lowes.

Changed some inferior LED lights to some good LEDs. Put away more clothes that I didn’t need. Might give some to a charity next stop.

Our old boat is comfy in a storm. Not a bad place to watch weather and nature around us. It’s always something to look or at snap a picture of. It’s pretty much black and white today with the wind and rain.

From the door of our boat, I spoke to our next door neighbor and we both agreed tomorrow is a good day to move. We are going to head to Swansboro, NC which is another nice town to walk around. We like checking out the waterfront towns that were so busy with trade by water in the past and relive their history. http://visitswansboro.org/swansboro-history.html

We thought that a “Dark & Stormy” was in order for a cocktail at 5PM. Made it with Sailor Jerry’s Rum and Crabbie’s ginger beer. That was delicious. Then we put on our rain gear and headed to the Red Fish Grill which is very close to the boat. Shrimp Linguine for me and Flounder stuffed with crab, feta and spinach for Susan. All excellent and FRESH not frozen seafood.

Much of our focus yesterday was DRYING the laundry. Todays picture is our clothes dryer, a few articles were left for overnight that refused to dry.


Comments