Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 22 Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Sightseeing in Swansboro our friends Casey and Laurilea Gibbs. We have been trying to coordinate a visit with Casey and Laurilea along our path and today was the day. They are on a huge road trip from Oregon! We straightened up Liquid Therapy for our friends visit. We last saw them when we visited them on their boat “Winds Aloft” in St. Thomas last February. What a wonderful escape from the cold that trip was living on their boat for a week. St. John and St.Thomas are places pretty hard to beat when it’s cold in Virginia.

The day started off with a little mishap. I attempted to do a small load of laundry. You have to remember to put the discharge hose in the sink. I didn’t. Funny thing was that Susan forgot this one time and water shot all over the bathroom. I put a warning sticker on the washer to remind her. And then I did the same thing. But the bathroom was designed to be a shower as well and has a drain in the floor that goes into the bilge. So, a little mess, but most of the water went into the bilge making it smell like fresh laundry. HA.

Casey and Laurilea arrived in the afternoon and snacks and a beer and talking non stop about EVERYTHING. We walked into Swansboro and the girls suggested maybe Casey and I would want to have a beer at the Irish Pub while they shopped. What a lovely thoughtful idea was that. And we did as they said until they dragged us out of there to go to dinner. We had a nice time talking with the bar keeper. Kind of like we were in an episode of Cheers.

We joined the girls and had dinner at the Icehouse Restaurant highly rated and recommended by Mr. Casper. It was great. Tomorrow we are headed down past Camp LeJeune to Mile Hammock anchorage.

Today’s picture is wind in the sails of Casey and Laurilea’s boat “Winds Aloft” in St. John USVI


Comments