Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 24 Friday, November 13, 2015

Passage Swan Point Marina, Sneads Ferry, NC to Seapath Yacht Club, Wrightsville Beach, NC
8:55 AM Underway
2:14 Docked
32 miles 6.3 engine hours

Nice run today. Little wind, nice sunshine and mostly the current working with us. Timed a bridge opening just about perfectly. ( TIMING A BRIDGE - You either slow down or speed up to get to a bridge just as it opens. I measure the distance to the bridge, then calculate what speed do I need to go to get there just as the bridge opens. Then I slow down or speed up to make that happen. If you get a bridge too early, you have to stop - putz around until it does open - sometimes in strong currents where the bridge narrows the water path. If you get there too late you may have to wait 1 hour until the next opening. That’s a bummer. Ha, actually it’s easy to do the calculation, I just click on the bridge and the chart plotter tells me what time I will get there.)

We docked at a really nice place ,Seapath Yacht Club, and contacted a friend that lives here to see if her family could visit us. Whitney, and her precious young daughters Iris and Vivian came to Liquid Therapy to check out the boat. We had great conversation and showed them how we live on the boat. Then they took us to a nice restaurant, South Beach. It was crowded and noisy. But the food was great. Grouper, Pork Mac and Cheese and Seafood Lasagna. It was really great seeing all of them. I told them we will have to give them a boat ride next time.

Today’s picture is Whitney and her two girls Vivian and Iris Smith. Love em..


Comments