Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 28 Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Passage Barefoot Marina, Myrtle Beach, SC to Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach, SC
12:15 AM Underway
3:30 Docked
15 miles 4.0 engine hours

Some of you have heard us mention our friends from Ottowa. We met them the night before we all crossed to the Bahamas, over three years ago. Donna, Ron and Winnie (the Pooh) have visited us the last few years, Fall and Spring, going back and forth to Florida where they keep their boat! They are in transit to Stuart,FL as I write. Brooke and I were waiting to eat before the show when who should call, as they passed by Mechanicsville, VA, but Ron and Donna!! Last night they were driving to Barefoot Marina (where we were docked!!!) to spend the night on Bee Haven! This is the truth, we were staring when they called us, at Bee Haven, just across the ICW. What a coincidence!

Needless to say, crews of Bee Haven, No Snow and Liquid Therapy met this morning for a delicious breakfast at Dino's House of Pancakes, best place for breakfast in Myrtle Beach. We had  no sooner sat down, when someone stopped by our table of six and asked Brooke if he had danced on stage the night before, at the Alabama Theater! Imagine, Brooke, an instant local celebrity! He even blushed a little!

Our new little washing machine was a topic of conversation, so everyone took a peek before we 'weighed anchor'  for a good storm haven, Osprey Marina, about a 20 mile trip, Mile 373 on the ICW. As we pulled into Osprey, someone was calling my name, 'Susan, Susan!' I drew a blank, but it was Joe Lockhart from Columbia, SC, Captain of Salty Dog, another Albin 36, whom we had met in Deltaville after he had bought his boat in Urbanna. His boat is a 1983 Albin, almost exactly the same style as ours. Another boating coincidence! When cruising, one often meets people and then sees them again later in the journey. Kinda fun, especially to share stories of journeys and boating experiences! Now we are waiting for a supposedly big rain accompanied by high winds.
Nice and cozy on Liquid Therapy, with plenty of nourishment. We are having fun driving 'our' golf cart by a goat herd, as we head for the rain locker!
The above was written by Susan.

Today's picture is a gondola ( golf cart substitute ) over the ICW. Yep, some golf course is on both sides of the ICW and you ride a gondola to the other part of the golf course.


Comments