Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 32 Saturday, November 21, 2015

Passage - Harborwalk Marina, Georgetown, SC to Leland Marine, McClellanville, SC
10:25 AM Underway
2:34Docked
28 miles 4.9 engine hours

Really a nice ride today down the Winyah - Charleston Harbor waterway to McClellanvile. It was warm and we had the wind behind us. There were more duck hunters zipping around in their camouflage and boats covered in grass. Must be duck season.

We are staging for the push to Charleston tomorrow.
But McClellanville is a shrimp town. Population 499. Lots of shippers and of course a nice fresh seafood store. We bought 2 lbs to cook tonight. And also it is required to buy the crab dip. We did both.

We walked about and tried to take a picture of this huge famous live oak tree. 150’ tall and 36’ in circumference. That’s 36 feet not 36 inches and is estimated to be over 1,000 years old. There was no way I could take a picture of it with my widest angle. I tried and tried and I will post the best I have.
This town was also a rice, cotton and seafood town. Walking around the main street was lined with lots of those large live oaks with the Spanish moss. We certainly are in the South for sure.

Todays picture is the Deer Live Oak tree. My best shot.


Comments