Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 47 Sunday, December 6, 2015

Passage - Sunbury Crab Restaurant / Marina
to Anchorage Frederica River Anchorage 31°11.58’N 81°25.16’W

7:35 AM underway
3:45 Anchored Frederica River Anchorage
61 miles 9.9 engine hours

No Man Is An Island - John Donne said. Well when you anchor out. You sort of feel like you are an island. Water all around you, peaceful, Independent - No one else around. Just you and nature. It is very special when the weather and location are right. We are snug in a nice anchorage and the weather is much better down here at Brunswick than up near SC.

We could make Florida tomorrow. But instead, we will go to Brunswick for fuel and to see Brunswick. All the guides and other cruisers say Brunswick is really nice. So, in the morning we will weigh anchor and head to Brunswick.

We might have made Brunswick before the sun went down. But there is something way wrong with pulling into a marina at dark, paying for a whole days slip rent and then leaving early the next morning. So, we elect to anchor out and then get into a marina with a neat town earlier in the day so we have time to explore the destination. But anchoring out is very special. Many cruisers only go to a marina for a pump out and anchor out all the time.

Susan and I are at a place in time that we want to be comfortable. So, if we can anchor out comfortably then that’s fine . But if it’s going to be cold, hot, raining very windy or semi-dangerous, - well then we are headed to a marina.

Today, while underway, we decorated our Christmas tree. It’s not a Balsam or Frazier fir this year. It’s the lime tree we are taking to Jonathan in Miami. Lights, tinsel and Christmas balls are all on there now. It looks pretty good.

We are at lest 1 mile from shore. Somehow, my wifi booster has locked onto a WIFI ashore and I’m able to post this from anchor.

Today’s picture is our Christmas tree at sunset.


Comments