Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 59 Friday, December 18, 2015

Loggerhead Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Maintenance day. Remember how I said I was going to change the transmission fluid and fuel filter. Well instead I installed a new electrical socket and changed the water system water pump. Things rarely go the way they should.

But one thing that went really well was getting together with my childhood friend Wayne Baker. He dropped by Liquid Therapy about happy hour and we talked about music, high school, college and Highland Springs the neighborhood. Yes, two guys from Highland Springs, Va that graduated in 1967, and went to VCU, and played music are suddenly within a few miles in Florida. Just had to get together. Yes we had humble beginnings. But, look at where we are today. We both agreed that part of what was our success was how we were raised in a small community with not much money. We had to solve problems constantly from broken toys to broken cars. We didn’t have money to pay for things. Or, google to instantly solve whatever we needed information. Lots of trial and error. If a toy broke, you weren’t going to get another. You could throw it in the trash. Or, you could take it apart and see what went wring and possibly fix it. If you didn’t fix it, you usually figured out what happened to it. Lots of learning going on. Lots of creativity. Lots of baseball, and church activities. Wayne and I covered lots of history over a few cocktails and wine. Susan seemed fascinated as she heard things that she never knew about me after 32 years of marriage. Wayne and I and some wine opened up each other’s mind to childhood and high school days. What a journey we took while taking this boating journey.

Today’s picture is Wayne and me. What an evening and night. Sorry his Susan was feeling a little under the weather.


Comments