Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 76 Monday, January 4, 2016

Passage - Harbor West Marina, Miami to Matheson Hammock Marina, Coral Gables, FL
11:30 AM Underway
2:51 PM Docked at Matheson Hammock Marina
16.4 miles 3.7 engine hours

What a difference 16 miles makes. We are out of the bouncing marina with all the traffic noise from high powered boats, motorcycles and general motor traffic with lots of horn honking. It’s quiet, calm and beautiful at this municipal marina. Really wish we had been here the last 14 days. But, we wanted close proximity to Jonathan & Eric’s house.

This morning it was raining and the wind was starting to develop from the approaching cold front. People are walking around in fleece. With highs in the 70s and the extreme possibility of it getting to 58° tonight and tomorrow night the Miami population is trying to figure how now to NOT freeze to death. HA!

Anyhow, we headed for our anchorage, figuring with the Bahamas’ weather window two days ago, the No Name Harbor anchorage would be full of space. Wrong. That was full to the brim with nowhere I wanted to try to anchor. Did I mention the cold front is coming thought tonight and the winds will be increasing in the dark? I hate increasing winds while in a crowded anchorage. We could have anchored outside No Name Harbor but would have had a great fetch of open waters to the north. So, off to another marina. This one is very, very nice for a municipal marina.
Susan and I keep hearing a noise in the water from some animal. Manatee, Whale, Porpoise other???? We couldn’t see whatever it was and have not found a park ranger to ask.
What a beautiful sunset today. Deja vu we are certain we have been here before. We remember doing yoga poses here.


Comments