Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 84 Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Bayside Marina, Islamorada, FL
The wind blew 15-29 kts, according to the weather, all day long with light showers. YUCK.

We used the yucky day to forge ahead in taking care of our flooded basement by talking with insurance adjusters, my brother and RVA Restoration. We are trying NOT to have the “fly home” urge take over. There is really not much for me to do at home except watch the process. I’ve been looking at pictures being sent and it’s very sad for sure. If we go home in May and it’s all fixed that will be nice.

Boat “cabin fever” took over and we just had to take a break. Off to the World Wide Sportsman (Bass Pro) store to just stroll around. A funny thing happened: we struck up a conversation with a couple from Virginia. The guy went to Highland Springs High School ten years before I did. What are the odds of two Highland Springs guys meeting in Islamorada! We had great fun talking about the people we knew.

Entertainment - We have no cable TV at this marina. Over the air TV are two Spanish stations. I tried using “closed captioning” for translation. Nope. Weirdly enough, we get NBC over our iPhones. We are lucky in that we have a good LTE connection here and we still have grandfathered unlimited data. I connect the iPhone via bluetooth to our Bose Mini and we have great sound and great video. We watched the 6:30 news at least on the 6+ phone screen.
he best entertainment came when I streamed a Canadian station CFZM AM 740 ( http://www.zoomerradio.ca ) (we think ‘zoomer' is Canadian for ‘boomer’) on the TuneInRadio app. I found this station while using my crystal radio back home. It plays lots of ‘our’ oldies and gives commentaries about many of the songs. Then the best happened - 10PM the 1944 Lone Ranger radio showcase came on with that great theme song. Wow! Buffalo Bill Cody and wagon trains and bugles of the cavalry! Yep, you used to have to use your mind to get lost in the radio stories. Radio shows were almost over when I was born. With the advent of TV, not much is left to the imagination any more! But I do remember Sergeant Preston of the Yukon, Gunsmoke and the Lone Ranger, as a very small kid listening and using my imagination to take me into the show. So, way to go CFZM AM740. After the Lone Ranger went off, another 1944 show, ‘My Favorite Husband’ starring Lucille Ball came on. That was so much fun to listen too!

The wind is forecast to be 15-20 kts until Saturday, when the wind should die down to 5-10. Then Sunday it’s supposed to get windy again.

Today’s picture is our new entertainment system


Comments