Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 159 Sunday, March 27, 2016

Langs Marina St. Marys, GA
Happy Easter everyone! We pulled in St. Marys on Thursday because of bad weather forecast for the next three or four days. We were certainly hoping to get away today, but forecast is 100% chance of 1”-3” of rain and thunderstorms. We will hang here today, too.

Yesterday, we visited the Orange Hall Museum ( http://www.n-georgia.com/st-marys-orange-hall-museum.html ). It was a 9,500 sq. ft. mansion built by a rich father for his daughter as a wedding present. The daughter and her father died of yellow fever before Orange Hall was finished and the husband moved back to his home town in Alabama and died soon thereafter. Pretty sad that most of the family who was building Orange Hall died without ever seeing it completed. It was vacant and neglected for many periods of time, with various owners, and finally gifted to St. Marys city by Kraft Corporation in 1960. St. Marys city has owned Orange Hall longer than any of the previous owners.

We also visited a sailing ship that had an open house. 158’ Peacemaker is quite a ‘new’ sailing ship, launched in 1989. Liquid Therapy is 10 years older than that. Peacemaker is owned by the Twelve Tribes community, a religious group. That seems like an odd way for a group like this to spend money after the ‘plate is passed’. Don’t get me started. Anyhow the ship is for sale and was beautiful throughout parts open to the public. Sections tourists see, which are some interior compartments, and all the outside rigging are very impressive.

We ate aboard and thought we might have Easter Dinner in Jekyll Island this afternoon. That’s not happening. There is a brunch not too far from the marina and maybe we will get that in before the heavy weather arrives around noon.
HEAVY WEATHER ? It didn’t arrive at noon. It’s 6PM as I continue and we have only had a few showers. We had an Easter Brunch that was semi satisfying and we are headed out in the rain for something else for dinner. Maybe Easter rarebit rabbit.

Today’s Picture is Susan taking a picture of a magnolia tree with her favorite Spanish moss hanging.


Comments