Ya Ha Ha Ting

The fun times aboard Liquid Therapy. With - Susan and Brooke Smith

Day 168 Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Passage - Daufuskie Public Dock, Daufuskie, SC to Shelter Cove Marina, Hilton Head, SC
7:40 AM Underway
10:49 PM Docked Starboard Side to slip F5 Shelter Cove Marina
3.5 engine hours 14 miles
By chance, some of Susan’s hometown friends, Roger and Winston, of Lynchburg, were at their villa, in Sea Pines (Hilton Head, SC). They invited Lindsey and Jim, (other close friends from Lynchburg) from Columbia, SC to drive down, and then invited all of us to stay with them for a very impromptu get together. What a fun time we had catching up and reminiscing! It’s funny how we just meet up with people, sometimes unexpectedly. Winston and Roger read our blog, and knew we would soon be passing by Hilton Head, so they contacted us to see if we could stop and see them. How hard it is to plan on being anywhere at an appointed time, while cruising on a boat! We missed Susan’s cousin’s visit in Charleston at Easter and that was planned many weeks in advance! Weather delayed us from that. We have other boating friends at Osprey Marina, near Myrtle Beach, that we are not sure will still be there when we arrive. And, so it goes on our journey North. We are looking forward to getting back to Mechanicsville, but want to visit anyone we can along the way. Weather continues to be a constant deterrent to moving consistently northward.
Today’s picture is the girl friends..


Comments