Life After Little Else......or Rambles with Alphie!

Liz Ju and Jack travel in our new campervan Alphie, to tour Orkney, or sometimes sooth.

London and Sheffield

I'm back in Lagos now after a great time in the UK, first off in Plymouth with Frank for an extra night, then for a weekend at Sue and Dick's house in Devon, and then with Abby and family in London, and Anne and family in Sheffield. Add into that my 64th birthday and three evenings' celebrations in a row for that momentous event, and you have a recipe for a great break 'ashore'!

England was warmer than I expected, and Abby got me out riding a bike from Raynes Park to Chelsea and back! The children are developing really quickly now, so I'm glad I was able to spend such a long time with them, as I had booked the return flight to allow for late arrival on the boat. That was before we made landfall in record time - eight days' sailing in all.

The Sheffield branch of the family is also in good heart, and made us welcome for the weekend. Sheffield was celebrating Halloween in a big way, and we joined in the festivities to the extent of going for a ride on the big wheel in the city centre.

Now it's back to Little Else and the winter refit and layup. But not before we hopefully have a couple of visits, from Steph next month and hopefully Abby and Miyuki in December.

Off now to make soup......

Photo of Sheffield birthday party.

Comments