Lil' Kahuna

01 February 2012 | Everett,WA
03 November 2011 | everett,WA
01 September 2010 | Everett, Wa
23 August 2010 | Everett, Wa
17 August 2010 | Everett, WA
16 August 2010 | Everett, WA
13 August 2010 | Everett, Washington
12 August 2010 | Everett, Wa

Saying farewell to my first mate.

17 August 2010 | Everett, WA
Imas Sakin / Sunny 75
I've been taking care of my nephew for the pass few years. My brother was deployed to Iraq in the Washington Army National Guard in 2007 and then fell on hard times when he returned so we've been more than happy to keep his 10 year-old son in our home and raise him like one of our own. He's been a humorous addition to the family as he has great energy, enthusiasm, an out-going personality, and a refreshing zeal about life in general. He's a talented athlete, has a great since of discovery and has never feared a challenge even when he has no idea what he's doing. He's helped break my 8 year-old out of his shell and most importantly he loves to sail, and shows as much enthusiasm as I do to get back out on the water. He's been my first mate and helper since I bought Lil' Kahuna. I've been teaching him all about sailing but he still too young to understand some of the more complicated concepts. It's good to a little guy around that can crawl into small spaces and tighten or loosen screws. We have our children on a strict reading and writing regiment in addition to their normal school work even through the summer. My wife and I have watched his GPA soar since he's been living under our roof. Anyway the sad inevitable day is fast approaching and he will be moving back to Michigan with his mother to start the new school year in the fall. My wife and the boys are very sad that he's leaving as we all have grown to love him as one of us and yes I'm sad too. He's been the life of the party at our house and has made many friends who are all sad to see him go. I only hope he keeps up his studies when leaves because he has so much potential.
Comments
Vessel Name: Lil' Kahuna
Vessel Make/Model: Tanzer 22
Hailing Port: Everett, Washington
Crew: Captain Imas & First Mate Dayna Sakin
About: Imas 33 sails a 1977 Tanzer 22, is a first time sail boat owner and long time dreamer. He is sailing the Puget Sound with wife and 2 young boys and holding on to a dream to sail the world with his wife.

s/v Lil' Kahuna

Who: Captain Imas & First Mate Dayna Sakin
Port: Everett, Washington