Voyage of s/v Living Well

01 March 2014 | Beaufort SC.
18 January 2013
18 January 2013
18 January 2013 | Fort Lauderdale
17 January 2013
17 January 2013 | Fort Lauderdale
07 January 2013 | Fort Pierce Fl.
12 January 2012 | Anchored Wappoo Creek
31 October 2011 | Washington marina in DC
15 September 2010
08 April 2009 | Washington DC
18 January 2009 | Rock Hold Marina Deale MD.
05 August 2008 | Washington D.C.
30 June 2008
30 June 2008
27 June 2008
26 June 2008
25 June 2008 | Indan River
23 June 2008 | Fort Pierce

Tuesday, 4-11-06

11 April 2006 | Everglades City
Gloria
Well, we finally got the cedar siding on Richard's trailer. Started the bamboo flooring, and the air gun doesn't work properly. So Steve is off to Naples to get the hammer fixed and pick up a new vanity and plumbing fixtures for Richard's bathroom. I of course am babysitting with Candaces little boy Chase. So I thought I would take this opportunity to update Florida's weather. Since we got here on Dec. 28, 2005 we have had 2 cold snaps, meaning you had to wear a sweatshirt. But the Floridians complained to high heaven each time. The weather here has be constantly 75-85 degrees, absolutely beautiful. Everglades City got hit hard by Hurricane Wilma and alot of the folliage was damaged. I'm happy to say that now it is spring everything is coming back beautifully. All the shrubs and trees are in full bloom. Steve bought me orchaids for my birthday and they also are starting to bloom again. This has to be one of the best winters I have ever spent. It never occured to me when we got here we would be here longer than the snowbirds, but here we still are. We should be finished with Richard's floor in about 2 weeks and 1 week on our boat and we should be off to the Dry Tortugas. We actually had a 10 ft. alligator swimming off the boat last night. I waited all winter to see that. As it warms up the gators are coming back out and the water birds have taken off to parts unknown, at least to me. Hope everyone is doing well, please call and I'll update again later.
Comments
Vessel Name: Living Well
Vessel Make/Model: 1983 Island Trader
Hailing Port: Quad Cities, IL.
Crew: Steve & Gloria Stanforth
About: Steve living aboard 30years Gloria living aboard 9 years
Extra: We are cruising mainly the east coast of the US right now, with side trips to the Bahamas and the west coast of Florida.

WE ARE LIVING WELL

Who: Steve & Gloria Stanforth
Port: Quad Cities, IL.