Voyage of s/v Living Well

01 March 2014 | Beaufort SC.
18 January 2013
18 January 2013
18 January 2013 | Fort Lauderdale
17 January 2013
17 January 2013 | Fort Lauderdale
07 January 2013 | Fort Pierce Fl.
12 January 2012 | Anchored Wappoo Creek
31 October 2011 | Washington marina in DC
15 September 2010
08 April 2009 | Washington DC
18 January 2009 | Rock Hold Marina Deale MD.
05 August 2008 | Washington D.C.
30 June 2008
30 June 2008
27 June 2008
26 June 2008
25 June 2008 | Indan River
23 June 2008 | Fort Pierce

Washington DC.

18 January 2013
From the quietest place to the noisiest place literally in one day. Well almost, again shipping the boat from Homma La. to DC.. I sailed from Port A. to Homma and spent 6 months helping a freind with his refit of a CT 54 while (Laura) went to work in DC. If you have not been to DC it is a must see and by boat even better. There is a great free anchorage and 2 marinas with dingy access, I recommend the Capital Yacht Club (say hi to Kelvin and JP for me) you will not be dissapointed. On a side note if you are not familiar with Active Captain check it out and read the CYC reviews. There is too much to see and do in one stay so pace yourself, it is the city and the helicopters, jets, sirens, and general noise is at frist diconcerting it will blend in and it is a great stop. Things to do: the dead presidents walk, start at CYC past the fish markets then Jefferson,Rosevelt,MLK,Korean,Lincoln,Vietnam,Enstien,WW-II,Washington and back to the CYC bar (Robb the bartender 5 stars). Do 1 Smithsoinian muesum per day then back to the CYC bar. Do you see a pattern yet? If you eat on the Mall try the American Indian Museum the food was great (I had the buffalo/duck burger). Way,Way to much to write about but if you are going drop me a line and I can give you more info. Dont forget to stop an anchor at Mount Vernon, sitting on the bow wih your coffee as the sun comes up on George's home is memorable. (Easily done but drop me a line and I will give you some of that ever important "local knowledge").
If your boat is under 18' air draft (sorry no sailboats unless you have a tabernackled mast like us) you can go noth of DC approx. 5+ miles to 3 sisters and anchor in the Potomac and not see any signs of the city, it is beautiful and hard to belive you are trully in the center of the DC area.

Comments
Vessel Name: Living Well
Vessel Make/Model: 1983 Island Trader
Hailing Port: Quad Cities, IL.
Crew: Steve & Gloria Stanforth
About: Steve living aboard 30years Gloria living aboard 9 years
Extra: We are cruising mainly the east coast of the US right now, with side trips to the Bahamas and the west coast of Florida.

WE ARE LIVING WELL

Who: Steve & Gloria Stanforth
Port: Quad Cities, IL.