Living Well Sailing

25 January 2022
11 March 2016 | Sisters Creek, Marathon, FL
26 February 2016 | Rodriguez Key
23 February 2016 | Dinner Key, Miami, FL
08 February 2016 | Stocking Island, Exumas, Bahamas
04 February 2016 | Volleyball Beach, Stocking Island, Exumas, Bahamas
29 January 2016 | Little Farmers Cay
24 January 2016 | Pipe Creek, still
23 January 2016 | Pipe Creek near Rat Cay and the Mice
18 January 2016 | Pipe Creek by Over Yonder
12 January 2016
02 January 2016 | Bimini Bahamas
31 December 2015
25 December 2015 | Sisters Creek
17 February 2014
20 January 2014
11 January 2014 | Marathon, Fl
24 October 2013 | CHBS
20 October 2013
22 September 2013 | Bloomington, In

Back In The USA

24 March 2013 | Miami
MAP
The weather was as predicted and was great for traveling. We went from Emerald Rock all the way to Nassau and decided we didn't really need anything in town so we anchored on the out side of the island looking at the casino. It was a good night, cool and calm. The next day we traveled to Cat and Gun Cays and anchored just short of the islands. The next morning we departed and it was interesting passing between the two islands as they are very close together with a swift current. This is the first time we have traveled this route, but it is closer than going to Bimini and a better angle for crossing the Gulf stream and so we were back in the states early afternoon, in time for wonderful showers and dinner on shore. The next day we wandered around on shore in Coconut Grove, which is always fun for me, Mary Ann. The trucks were busy on the back lot working on another BURN NOTICE episode. We walked over to FLANNIGAN'S IRISH PUB for lunch and then down town to catch a movie...OZ the Magnificent in 3-D. It is a prequel to the Wizard of Oz and fills in some of the holes in the story...a very good show. Next we went to the Fresh Market for goodies. This is the best market I have ever been in. It is a gourmet market like no other. They don't even sell sliced bread, only fresh baked. And their hot table is unbelievable. (We will eat very well for the rest of the week1). Then back to the boat for the evening.
On Wednesday morning we decided to move on down to Marathon. The harbor was absolutely dead calm and perfect for a run south, so after another quick trip in to the Fresh Market we left Dinner Key, about 10:00a.m. and traveled the rest of the morning to Rodrigues Key and anchored for the night.
We heard later that a nasty storm hit Dinner Key early afternoon with 45+MPH winds, heavy rain, and hail..we got out just in time, and we were south of the storm in fair winds and smooth water. Thursday was another good travel day on a Beam reach for a good part and a Broad reach under Spinnaker for awhile and and we arrived in Marathon early in the afternoon.
We planned Friday so we could watch the I U basketball game at the Hurricane grill and ran into some other people from the CHARLOTTE HARBOR boat yard that joined us to watch the game. Jan and Dave on Winterlude. Jan has authored a "Cooking Aboard" book. They wanted to see both the Illinois (Dave) and I U (Jan) games. And both teams won. Steve added a string of white LED rope lights to the arch on the boat, and it lights up the back of the boat nicely.
On Saturday we took the Keys bus to Little Pine Island for the flea market. It is a pretty good place to shop and have lunch. Then back to Marathon on the bus and back to the boat for the rest of the evening. We have plans to go out for breakfast tomorrow (Sunday) at the American Legion with another couple (Tina and Scott on Sangaris) that we met in Georgetown last year...a very good breakfast for $6.00 then later we will go back to the Hurricane Grill for another IU game...GO HOOSIERS111 Steve has ordered another solar panel to put above the bimini. He put one on before we went to the Bahamas and we are very pleased with the results, and want to add another, so that will keep him busy for at least a couple days and I have him committed to a trip to Key West for another day so that will be our week, then we will start traveling North to Ft. Myers Beach (bathing suit shopping) and then on to the boat yard. It has been a good season so far.
Comments
Vessel Name: Living Well
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 42' CC Sloop
Hailing Port: Bloomington, IN USA
Crew: Cpt. Steve & Admiral Mary Ann
Living Well's Photos - Main
No Photos
Created 24 January 2016
No Photos
Created 24 January 2016
4 Photos
Created 2 January 2016
Sailing Photos
1 Photo | 13 Sub-Albums
Created 5 February 2010

Nassau

Who: Cpt. Steve & Admiral Mary Ann
Port: Bloomington, IN USA