Living Well Sailing

25 January 2022
11 March 2016 | Sisters Creek, Marathon, FL
26 February 2016 | Rodriguez Key
23 February 2016 | Dinner Key, Miami, FL
08 February 2016 | Stocking Island, Exumas, Bahamas
04 February 2016 | Volleyball Beach, Stocking Island, Exumas, Bahamas
29 January 2016 | Little Farmers Cay
24 January 2016 | Pipe Creek, still
23 January 2016 | Pipe Creek near Rat Cay and the Mice
18 January 2016 | Pipe Creek by Over Yonder
12 January 2016
02 January 2016 | Bimini Bahamas
31 December 2015
25 December 2015 | Sisters Creek
17 February 2014
20 January 2014
11 January 2014 | Marathon, Fl
24 October 2013 | CHBS
20 October 2013
22 September 2013 | Bloomington, In

George Town

17 February 2013 | Great Exuma
map
Steve and I had walked to the Hermitage early in the morning on Valentines day to avoid the heat. Then back to the boat for drinks and showers before pulling anchor and heading over to Hawks Nest on the tip of Cat Island. This was about 1 hour and 30 minutes cut off the trip for the next day. We want to keep moving toward George Town on Great Exuma Island because there is a strong windy front headed our way and we need to get tucked in before it arrives late Saturday/early Sunday.
We had an uneventful day on the water, wind right on our nose all the way. so it was very good to reach Elizabeth Harbour along with 12 other boats about the same time. Everyone was headed in to get ready for the blow. We anchored in front of "Chat 'n Chill" which is the chike bar on Volleyball Beach. This is the very center of activity for the cruisers. We had a nice calm night Friday night...really the calm before the storm. It was still nice and calm on Saturday morning so we took the dinghy across the bay to George Town to refill the pantry and get fresh (RO) water for the tanks, and some of Julians Jerked chicken and ribs for dinner. Then back to the boat for the duration. The winds started about 4:00 and reached 27.5 before dark then subsided for a few hours only to return about midnight and blow the rest of the night and most of Sunday. The winds peaked at 29.9 knts. We didn't even venture out for Beach Church today. It is now 5:00 and we are settled in for the night. I have a pot of stew on the stove and we will finish our last episode of Boston Legal re-runs on CD tonight and hope for better weather tomorrow although the winds are supposed to blow on through until Tuesday. Dawn pointed out that our Blog needed to be tied in to face book for easier access, so we have done that and I hope it makes it easier to follow the adventures of LIVING WELL.
Comments
Vessel Name: Living Well
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 42' CC Sloop
Hailing Port: Bloomington, IN USA
Crew: Cpt. Steve & Admiral Mary Ann
Living Well's Photos - Main
No Photos
Created 24 January 2016
No Photos
Created 24 January 2016
4 Photos
Created 2 January 2016
Sailing Photos
1 Photo | 13 Sub-Albums
Created 5 February 2010

Nassau

Who: Cpt. Steve & Admiral Mary Ann
Port: Bloomington, IN USA