Living Well Sailing

25 January 2022
11 March 2016 | Sisters Creek, Marathon, FL
26 February 2016 | Rodriguez Key
23 February 2016 | Dinner Key, Miami, FL
08 February 2016 | Stocking Island, Exumas, Bahamas
04 February 2016 | Volleyball Beach, Stocking Island, Exumas, Bahamas
29 January 2016 | Little Farmers Cay
24 January 2016 | Pipe Creek, still
23 January 2016 | Pipe Creek near Rat Cay and the Mice
18 January 2016 | Pipe Creek by Over Yonder
12 January 2016
02 January 2016 | Bimini Bahamas
31 December 2015
25 December 2015 | Sisters Creek
17 February 2014
20 January 2014
11 January 2014 | Marathon, Fl
24 October 2013 | CHBS
20 October 2013
22 September 2013 | Bloomington, In

Sampson

17 March 2013 | Sampson Cay
map
We left George Town on Monday and sailed to our favorite little spot to anchor near Sampson Key. And of course our timing was perfect, as usual, we always seem to be there when the island owner is in residence. Not that he minds, but we try to stay out of his way...He could privatize the island if he wanted too, but he is nice enough to share with us peons. It really is a beautiful place. So we did laundry and took real showers when he was out fishing. Now on Wednesday it got quite interesting. A seaplane arrived early mid-morning and a nice looking man and woman were met by a dinghy and taken to shore. We didn't think too much about it because we knew the owner was leaving some time that day to go back to the States. Later we found out that the guest was Sir Richard Branson...who knew??? He was only there about an hour and then the sea plane left. Steve did get a picture of the plane...whoopie!
So we stayed at Sampson until Friday morning and then pulled anchor and moved North to Emerald Rock in Wardrick Wells at the Land and Sea Park. We were able to catch up with MIDORI and Brian and Lynn. We Talked with them on their boat then went for a walk on shore with their friends they are traveling with (4 couples, Mostly Canadian), then had happy hour on the beach. Later Brian and Lynn came to LIVING WELL for dinner of Brats on the grill and good 'ol Hoosier green bean casserole. They are heading south for another week and we will be heading toward Nassau in the morning. The next 5 days are supposed to be really good with a 5-10 wind from the south...good for us to get back to the States. We are ready to head home!
Comments
Vessel Name: Living Well
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 42' CC Sloop
Hailing Port: Bloomington, IN USA
Crew: Cpt. Steve & Admiral Mary Ann
Living Well's Photos - Main
No Photos
Created 24 January 2016
No Photos
Created 24 January 2016
4 Photos
Created 2 January 2016
Sailing Photos
1 Photo | 13 Sub-Albums
Created 5 February 2010

Nassau

Who: Cpt. Steve & Admiral Mary Ann
Port: Bloomington, IN USA