Living Well Sailing

25 January 2022
11 March 2016 | Sisters Creek, Marathon, FL
26 February 2016 | Rodriguez Key
23 February 2016 | Dinner Key, Miami, FL
08 February 2016 | Stocking Island, Exumas, Bahamas
04 February 2016 | Volleyball Beach, Stocking Island, Exumas, Bahamas
29 January 2016 | Little Farmers Cay
24 January 2016 | Pipe Creek, still
23 January 2016 | Pipe Creek near Rat Cay and the Mice
18 January 2016 | Pipe Creek by Over Yonder
12 January 2016
02 January 2016 | Bimini Bahamas
31 December 2015
25 December 2015 | Sisters Creek
17 February 2014
20 January 2014
11 January 2014 | Marathon, Fl
24 October 2013 | CHBS
20 October 2013
22 September 2013 | Bloomington, In

Next

12 January 2016
December 26, 2015 Van & Lauren will return this evening and we will begin preps for departure.

December 27th 2015 Van & Lauren returned, Thumbelina the cat was returned to Van & Lauren and the provisioning began.

December 28th, 29th, 30th, continued preparations for the crossing on January 1, haircuts, fuel, water, cash, etc.

December 30 untied ourselves from the man grows stopped at Burdines and moved outside Bootkey to anchor for the night. Van & Lauren joined us just after sunset

December 31 we hauled anchor both Living Well and gratitude and proceeded to Rodrigues key

January 1 happy new year we left Rodriguez key in the dark proceeded out through mosquito flats and into the golf stream for Bimini just after we passed the shoals we heard Boats calling that there was a raft with the number of people on it. It turned out to be Cuban refugees trying to get to the US. We had a very good day motor sailing all the way to Bimini and had two straight in slips to tie up to. Customs was a breeze as usual. The next four days were not good for getting to Nassau so we spent them walking, swimming, looking for sea glass, and of course, dining. The highlight meal was six lobster we bought straight off the boat and split them down the back, doused them with butter and lime, wrapped them in alum foil, barbecued them 13 minutes (or so) and dined in style onboard Living Well with Van, Lauren, and Bob. Yummy!

January 8, Left the banks and passed the NorthWest Pass which actually has a marker pole where the stub used to be. There is a light on top of the pole, but not sure if it works. Arrived Nassau harbor at 4:15pm and were granted permission to enter. Five cruise ships were in port. As we proceeded into the turning basin the armed patrol oat americium along and made us move to Portso that the cruise. Ship that was leaving would miss us. We passed the Paradise Island bridge and fueled up before taking our slips at Nassau Harbor Club. Then off to the Chinese Restuarant for dinner.

January 9. Walked to Nassau Yacht Haven and the Poopdeck and Mary Ann and I called a cab to take us to Paradise Island. Did not get a cab, so the security guard drove us over in his car. Walked the Casino and the did the full Aquarium tour. It was quite nice, but expensive. Cab ride back to the marina, swim in the COLD freshwater swimming pool, met Dave and Mary Alexander from Sanity II, then bbq'd steaks for Gratitude, Sanity II, and Living Well.

January 10, Rode the bus downtown with Dave and Mary and walked the straw market. Had some lunch and rode the bus back to Potters Key which, being late Sunday, was a disappointment. Walked back to the boat and then to Fresh produce to continue buying food.

January 11, We paid our bills and departed about 10:00am and had a great day running with the wind slightly off the port stern and sailed the entire way to Normans Cay where we anchored just off from McDuffs Restuarant/bar. Tomorrow we are off to Warderick Wells to try for a Mooring Ball.
Comments
Vessel Name: Living Well
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 42' CC Sloop
Hailing Port: Bloomington, IN USA
Crew: Cpt. Steve & Admiral Mary Ann
Living Well's Photos - Main
No Photos
Created 24 January 2016
No Photos
Created 24 January 2016
4 Photos
Created 2 January 2016
Sailing Photos
1 Photo | 13 Sub-Albums
Created 5 February 2010

Nassau

Who: Cpt. Steve & Admiral Mary Ann
Port: Bloomington, IN USA