Living Well Sailing

25 January 2022
11 March 2016 | Sisters Creek, Marathon, FL
26 February 2016 | Rodriguez Key
23 February 2016 | Dinner Key, Miami, FL
08 February 2016 | Stocking Island, Exumas, Bahamas
04 February 2016 | Volleyball Beach, Stocking Island, Exumas, Bahamas
29 January 2016 | Little Farmers Cay
24 January 2016 | Pipe Creek, still
23 January 2016 | Pipe Creek near Rat Cay and the Mice
18 January 2016 | Pipe Creek by Over Yonder
12 January 2016
02 January 2016 | Bimini Bahamas
31 December 2015
25 December 2015 | Sisters Creek
17 February 2014
20 January 2014
11 January 2014 | Marathon, Fl
24 October 2013 | CHBS
20 October 2013
22 September 2013 | Bloomington, In

Still windy

24 January 2016 | Pipe Creek, still
SKP/very windy
January 19. A wind day and all 3 dinghies stayed with their mommy ship all day. Lighter winds tomorrow, so will take trash to Staniel, grocery shop, try the BTC office for more iPad data, get some fuel, and eat at the Staniel Cay Yacht Club. Sound impressive? Photo to follow.

January 20. We dinghies to Staniel Cay and went directly to Isles General Store where we disposed of trash and replaced some non-perishables then went to the Yacht Club. Bought fuel for the dinghies then walked up the hill to the Bahama Telephone Company so we could read the sign on the door that they were at Black Point and would be back at 2:00pm. Darn, now we will have to go to the Club and sip Rum Coolers until the ladies return from the Red or Yellow stores with their treasures. That didn't take long so the six of us went in for a nice meal. After lunch we walked back to Batelco and did what we could to keep our data lines operational. Wheeee! We then made the trip back to the boats, 6.89 miles, and settled in for the evening. All in all a good day. High winds again Saturday so decided to stay tucked in at Pipe Creek.

January 21. A reasonable day so the six of us decided to walk the Sound side beach. Gratitude and Living Well made it over to the shore but Sanity II was back at their boat, obviously with dinghy motor issues. Van and I went out and shuttled them to shore and we had a very interesting stroll. Van found a number of Critons, which were not identified until later, and numerous shells and pieces of sea glass were collected. We returned to the boats and did some troubleshooting on Daves motor. Restriction in the fuel filter. Cleared the problem and motor ran fine. Afternoon tasks and snores and then off to Sanity II for happy hour, shrimp linguine, pineapple rum right side up cake, and a rousing game of 31. Back to the boats for a windy night with more predicted tomorrow and Saturday.

Jan 22. Preparations for strong winds tonight and tomorrow. Reading and watching old episode of Boston Legal.

Jan 23 Reading, eye splicing double braid, repairing sound blanket for generator, tuning a conch shell horn I made from a shell Mary Ann gave me a few years ago, and then about 4pm POW, my anchor snubber broke on one side and while I was retrieving the grabber the other side gave way. Spent the next 1/2 hrs replacing the snubber line. All is well now. The anchor has not moved at all in the four days of wind, current, and swinging. A good thing.

Jan 24, A very bouncy night, sustained wind since Friday afternoon at 22-25 with gusts over 35. Winds were 30-32 sustained for over an hour yesterday (just before the anchor snubber gave up). Highest we saw was 38.9. Winds are supposed to subside today and we will probably head for Black Point tomorrow
Comments
Vessel Name: Living Well
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 42' CC Sloop
Hailing Port: Bloomington, IN USA
Crew: Cpt. Steve & Admiral Mary Ann
Living Well's Photos - Main
No Photos
Created 24 January 2016
No Photos
Created 24 January 2016
4 Photos
Created 2 January 2016
Sailing Photos
1 Photo | 13 Sub-Albums
Created 5 February 2010

Nassau

Who: Cpt. Steve & Admiral Mary Ann
Port: Bloomington, IN USA