Ship of Coull's

18 August 2015
18 August 2015
23 July 2015
16 July 2015
10 July 2015
10 July 2015
01 February 2015 | Toronto
08 October 2014 | gulf of Maine
20 September 2014
05 September 2014
26 August 2014
14 July 2014

Road Trip

02 October 2012 | PEI
After confirming storage and shrink wrap details and dropping off a thank you gift to Chris the Manager of First Choice Marine and a Timmy’s coffee card for Jacques and big hugs and goodbye to Walter at PCYC we are all packed up and ready for the road trip to PEI and Chester Nova Scotia. In addition to tracking down some oysters we want to take a look at some of the ports we will likely stop in at next summer on our way to Bras d'Or Lake, there is a certain comfort level in seeing what to expect when pulling into a new port.

We cross the curved, 12.9 kilometers (8 mile) long Confederation Bridge. It is the longest in the world crossing ice-covered water, and more than a decade after its construction, it endures as one of Canada’s top engineering achievements of the 20th century. A short drive and we are in Summerside to check out the Silver Fox Yacht and Curling Club. Lots of water and right downtown. After driving around town and revisiting the College of Piping its time to find some oysters so it’s off to Malpeque Bay.

It’s the end of the tourist season and the small oyster deck at the wharf is closed but a local fisherman points us in the right direction and after a short scenic costal drive we are having oysters at Carr’s Oyster Bar – Stanley Bridge on a outside deck watching the tide go out. There is a small motel just around the corner and a seafood distributer with retail counter just up the street; I think we have found what we were looking for. Oysters; Medium select $1.75 a pound (aprox. 6), Medium select 3.75 a pound aprox. 5. Lets get 3 pound to start. Rain is forecasted for tomorrow so I think we will just settle in, get some more oysters and explore Cavendish tomorrow.
Comments
Vessel Name: Genevieve
Vessel Make/Model: C&C Custom 42
Hailing Port: Picton Ontario
Crew: Moira and John Coull
Home Page: Moira and I are back in Ontario after leaving Genevieve wrapped up for the winter in Rockland Maine. If you are curious please check out our blog. http://www.sailblogs.com/member/log/

Who: Moira and John Coull
Port: Picton Ontario